How Can I Restore Whatsapp Chat – Don’t panic right away! Here’s how to restore lost WA chats without backups.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular chat applications that is not only used to communicate but also to build relationships and do business.
So do not be surprised if the contents of the WA chat can contain conversations to important data that cannot be deleted.
Therefore, WhatsApp users are advised to regularly back up data on their WA account to avoid accidental data loss.
How Can I Restore Whatsapp Chat Quickly and in Detail
How to restore whatsapp messages on new phone? However, what if the WhatsApp chat is lost without us having time to back it up first?
Take it easy, see the full explanation of how to easily restore lost WA chats without backups below. You just need to follow the easy steps! Good luck.
WhatsApp users often accidentally delete important messages that they will need in the future.
If it’s like this, there’s no need to panic.
You can restore deleted chats in several simple ways. The condition is that you have set up chat backup in WhatsApp.
Here’s how to restore deleted WhatsApp chats, quoted from the company’s official website. If you want to restore your WhatsApp chat history, there are several methods you can use, depending on your situation:
1. Restore from Google Drive (Android) or iCloud (iPhone):
- If you’ve previously backed up your WhatsApp chats to Google Drive (Android) or iCloud (iPhone), you can easily restore your chat history on a new or the same device.
- On Android:
- Install WhatsApp on your new or existing Android device and verify your phone number.
- During the setup process, WhatsApp will prompt you to restore your chat history from Google Drive. Tap “Restore” to initiate the restoration.
- On iPhone:
- Install WhatsApp on your new or existing iPhone and verify your phone number.
- During the setup process, WhatsApp will ask if you want to restore your chat history from iCloud. Tap “Restore Chat History” to start the restoration.
2. Local Backup (Android Only):
- WhatsApp on Android creates local backups of your chat history every day, which are stored on your device. To restore from a local backup:
- Navigate to your device’s file manager or storage settings.
- Locate the WhatsApp folder.
- Inside the WhatsApp folder, find the “Databases” subfolder.
- Look for a backup file named “msgstore.db.cryptXX,” where “XX” represents the date of the backup. Choose the most recent one.
- Rename the backup file to “msgstore.db.crypt12” (if it’s not already named this way).
- Uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it.
- Verify your phone number during the setup process.
- When prompted, tap “Restore” to restore your chat history from the local backup.
3. WhatsApp Chat Export (Both Android and iPhone):
- You can export individual or group chats as chat history files. To do this:
- Open the chat you want to export.
- Tap the three dots (menu) in the top-right corner (Android) or tap the contact/group name (iPhone).
- Select “Export chat” or “More” > “Export Chat.”
- Choose whether to include media files (photos and videos) in the export.
- Select the method to share the chat (email, cloud storage, etc.) and send it to yourself.
- To restore the chat, open the shared chat history file.
Remember that the methods mentioned above are for restoring your chat history on the same or a new device. You can’t selectively restore individual chats; it’s a full restoration of your chat history.
Also, keep in mind that restoring from a backup will only recover chats that were backed up before the backup date. Any messages sent or received after the backup date will be lost unless you have a more recent backup.